


These are some pictures recently taken of Jacob that I thought were cute!At 16 months, Jacob is really starting to show his personality more! He was once very calm and quiet, but now he is all over the place and can be heard constantly babbling unrecognizable sounds. He is not talking much yet...he says No (shaking his finger), Bye-Bye, Mama and Daddy occasionally, Down, Uh-Oh, Peek-a-boo, and he has said his name twice. What he may be lacking in verbal skills at this moment, he makes up for it with his other forms of communication (ie. crying, whining, screaming, biting, scratching, pulling hair, hitting, throwing food and objects, hitting his head against hard objects, collapsing on the floor in anger, etc.) So, I guess we may be entering the terrible twos a little early.
Since he is my third child, I'm so much more relaxed with him when he behaves this way. I understand better now that this is typical behavior for a child his age and that it does not mean he is a "bad" child or that I am not teaching him correctly as a mother. I remember feeling really self-conscious when Daniel and Andrew were younger and would behave this way. Now, I just ignore him when he acts like this or I try to correct his behavior by giving him a short time-out in the highchair or crib. This really works because he does not like it, but I'm not sure if he connects why he is in the crib or highchair.
We all love Jacob soooo much! He is so sweet and cuddly and has a smile that will melt your heart! I may have a few bite marks, scratches, and brusies from him beating me up, but it is worth it!



No comments:
Post a Comment