Friday, April 18, 2008

Bedtime

Daniel amazes me with all the different schemes he tries to pull to avoid bedtime. There is the usual, "I want some water...I need to pee!!!" I usually give in to these two requests he makes, but lately he has become more inventive. Tonight, he got out of bed to remind ME of promises I made to him for tomorrow.

He says, "Mommy, I want to tell you that you need to remember that tomorrow it's my turn to play the game on the computer and you're supposed to give me those cookies you said I can have because I cleaned my playroom. I know you won't remember. But I do because I have a BRAIN. You see, my brain tells me these things and that's why I'm telling you." Wow!!! He knows me so well. I'm always saying things like, "Tomorrow we are going to do this, or tomorrow I'll give you this..." and then I forget. I'm glad he has a brain, because he obviously thinks that I do not. I told him thank-you for the reminder and that he was cute, but he needed to get back in bed pronto.

The cute remark must have boosted his confidence with me because he then proceeded to tell me knock-knock jokes (that made absolutely no sense but he thought they were pretty funny). It was cute, but after the fourth joke I told him that the show was over. He obliged and went to his room. At last, SILENCE. I love BEDTIME, both my children's and my own! It's my favorite time of the day! A moment to not be needed, and be FREE to do whatever I want. That's all I want, nothing fancy.

No comments: