Sundays are when we are all together as a family, going to church, spending quality time together, and resting from our work and cares. WELL, MAYBE IN SOMEONE ELSE'S HOME BUT NOT MINE. Sundays are draining, chaotic, and alot of work. I know this is so awful to say, but that is how my Sundays have been feeling lately. It just seems that there is something about this day that is more difficult than the others. The fact that we all have to get dressed up and look presentable and be on time somewhere early in the morning does not go over well in our home because Roberto and I are not morning people. Keeping the boys clean once they have been dressed is a whole other story. Then, comes sacrament. Partaking of the sacrament is the most special thing we do at church as Latter Day Saints. It is when we renew our covenants with God. In the Castro family, it is also when we as parents perform mighty miracles of keeping the boys calm and quiet. Whether is requires chocolate, toys, coloring books, or even a firm warning, we make it through the hour. Some Sundays I feel really uplifted after sacrament, other Sundays I feel a little bruised and beaten (literally, Jacob likes to hit now). Then after sacrament, I serve in nursery. I love my calling and would not trade it for the world, but after three hours of church, I'm beat and ready to go home and crawl in bed.
In all honesty, it is really not that bad. I enjoy church and now that Daniel and Andrew are getting older, they are being much more reverant and need less reminding to whisper and sit still. Daniel is now showing more of an interest in what is going on in church and I enjoy teaching him. I just think it is funny that Sundays are referred to as "the day of rest." But, if Heavenly Father could find the time in his busy schedule to rest, I should also be able to do this. Kids will be kids and we cannot expect them to behave as grown- ups all the time. However, I want my children to understand the sacredness of church. I feel I need to work harder at preparing for the Sabbath day on Saturday so that Sundays will flow better. I am going to start doing this and see if it makes a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I have to laugh because I agree totally! Sundays are so stressful for me. I just told Mike that I think some of my least favorite hours of the week are 7:00-8:30 am. I have 3 kids to get ready all by myself and inevitably they fight, mess up their clothes, their hair, won't eat, etc. Maybe someday they will be a little more restful...
I agree too! Since the new year we have church at 9am, which is harder in some ways, but at least we don't have to eat 2 meals before church (READ: two chances for Scott to smear food in his hair)
I am right there with you. I think I sit down the least on Sundays of any other day. Plus Bobby has to go to sleep right when we get home from church because he works nights so as soon as we get home he runs of to sleep and I have the rest of the day with the kids and they are usually hungry, grumpy and tired at this point, and many times so am I!
Post a Comment