Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A quiet day!


I took these pictures of Jacob on the same day as the flower pics I took below. All of the pictures were taken in our yard. This afternoon Jacob and I were all alone. Roberto took Daniel and Andrew to a Latin wedding at a Catholic church to give them a "cultural experience." A student that he teaches English to at night was getting married. I thought he would only be gone two hours or so, but he ended up leaving me all day for about six hours without a car. So, Jacob and I enjoyed a quiet and peaceful afternoon. I rarely am able to get a picture of Jacob without Daniel or Andrew sticking their heads in front of the camera.

Just FYI, the reason why Roberto was gone for 6 hours was because the wedding ended up starting two hours later than planned. He showed up at 12:00 noon, and they were just starting to decorate. The wedding did not begin until 2 pm, and then the recption location changed at the last minute. If anyone reading knows much about Latin culture, you know that they are laid back people that do not worry much about time. Roberto just laughed, and so did I, because it was such a typical thing to happen in his culture. Us "griengos" on the other hand, would be appalled at this kind of tardiness, especially on our wedding day. We are a little more "uptight" in the way things appear and function. I've learned to embrace this and many other things about Hispanic culture that do not make much sense here in the U.S. After hearing this story, my mom thinks I should have been the one born in El Salvador, not Roberto, since I'm constantly running late for everything!!!


Jacob eating a flower



Posted by Picasa

No comments: