Monday, March 31, 2008

All About Andrew

















I took these pictures of Andrew about a week ago. He was really in the mood to have his picture taken, as you can see!





Andrew the Lion! That's a scary face.









Today, Andrew put on a performance that would have won him a spot on "Supernanny" had I captured it on video. He was sweet and easygoing the entire morning, but as soon as I mentioned it being the dreaded "N" word, Naptime, he snapped. He ran away and hid from me, which is the norm. I usually have to escort him to his bed, and then give him an incentive for taking a nap, like "we'll go to the park when you wake up." This usually works. However, today he shouted to me that "I'm not going to nap!" I reply back, "Oh yes you are!" He runs to his room, throws his body on the wood floor, and declares for the entire world to hear "You're not the best mommy!!! I don't wove you anymore! I wove Daddy! I want my daddy...sob, sob, pause to see if I will bite the bait...I WANT MY DADDY!!!" I calmly tell him goodnight and shut his door. He cries for another minute or two and then there is silence! Beautiful silence.
I love naptime. During his outburst, I had to bite my lip hard to keep from laughing. I know his feelings are real, so I do not laugh at him in person, but it was quite a performance he put on. Who knows, I might have a budding actor on my hands?

No comments: