Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Belated Easter!

Well, it is kind of late to be writing about Easter, but I have all of these cute pictures to share. Can I just start off by saying I am sooo glad the Easter Egg hunts are over with! Does this make me a bad mother? My children attended 4 egg hunts in one week and my house was overflowing with candy! Too much candy! I do not like for my children to eat candy on a daily basis, I'd rather it be a treat, and they were wanting to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
They attended egg hunts at Daniel's school, at a parents organization I'm a member of, at church, and at my mom's house. I'm not anti-egg hunt. We had a good time and the kids loved the egg hunts. In fact, some of my fondest childhood memories are of the Easter egg hunts we would have with my cousins. We always used real eggs, not plastic ones. The excitement was in finding the egg, not eating all of the candy. Well, times have changed. I sound so old.....
Anyways, the candy has been eaten (or thrown in the trash) and the pieces of real egg have been cleaned up from the car after being smashed in the carpet. Jacob slept through the whole Easter festivities, which is why there are no pictures of him. Enough talking and now for the pictures!
Cheesy Daniel!

Daniel, Andrew, and cousin Bennett

Andrew proudly displaying his eggs

Andrew found a caterpillar and would not put it down. He put it in his pocket and said he was taking his "friend" home with him. Sadly, the caterpillar was squished from all of his "love."

What some goofy kids! They must be related to me!

We dyed Easter eggs Sunday morning before church. The kids enjoyed it, but they did not quite understand the concept of using real eggs when you can just buy the plastic ones with candy.


Daniel and Andrew with his classmates. It was too cold and windy of a day for an egg hunt, but the kids did not care.

No comments: