Friday, March 7, 2008

All in a Day's Work







As you can see from the pics above, yesterday was an interesting day full of little surprises. Let me tell you all about it.

To start off, while I was taking a shower in the morning, my little Jacob was up to something. After dressing myself, I came to the living room to find him inside the firplace covered in black soot. I really need to put something in front of the fireplace to keep him from going inside. He loves it and I have tried my best to clean it out, but the black soot will not budge. Any suggestions?
Well, after scrubbing him down in the bathtub, we all got dressed and took a trip to the library. Daniel was sick this day, so he stayed home from school and joined us. I would not recommend taking three children to the library alone. Daniel is no problem, he finds a book and goes straight for a table to sit down and read. Andrew is also okay for the most part, he likes to color with the crayons and coloring books provided. Now, once again, Jacob was the WILD ONE!

As I was busy trying to select some books to check out, Jacob was keeping himself busy either running off somewhere or pulling books off the shelves. I was a bit embarrassed and I will definitely use a stroller next time. However, the icing on the cake came when I could not find Andrew. I looked and looked and tried to call out his name without being to loud. Finally, to my relief, I found him hiding in one of the aisles. As soon as he saw me, he said "Mommy, don't come here!" I knew exactly what Andrew was doing, because I could smell it and it was written all over his face. Yep, Andrew was doing a poop and pee right in his underwear. Everytime I think he is potty trained, something like this occurs. I remained cool and calm and explained to him that even when we are not at home, he has to use the potty and that he needs to tell me when he has to go. In his sweet little voice, he said "O-tay mommy!" It's hard to be mad at something so cute, yet very stinky.

Well, we left and Andrew rode home in his soiled pants and we rolled the windows down so that we could all breathe. After cleaning up another child, we ate a picnic lunch outside for fun since the weather was so beautiful.
Later in the day, Andrew and Daniel were playing outside. It was quiet, so I went out to check on them. When my kids are quiet, it usually means they are up to mischief. They informed me that they were cooking soup and baking cakes. Don't they look yummy? The boys were filthy, covered in dirt from head to toe. The picture does not fully show the extent of their dirtiness. So, in the shower they went and two more children did I clean. If you can tell, we take alot of showers/baths in this house. Well, it was a fun but exhausting day and I just wanted to share a little of it with you.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Lauren- reading your post is making me think twice about wanting to have 3 kids. I don't know how you do it. Let me tell you, it's much easier working full-time and leaving your children with a babysitter but then you miss out on the funny stuff they do.
We are excited to see you guys in July, and for Evan to meet and play with his cousins. I'm sure they'll have lots of fun together.

Debbie and Bobby said...

Love the cupcakes... can I have one?!?