My brother recently got engaged about three weeks ago! He is two years older than me and will be the last child in our family to marry. Matt has always been quiet and shy, at least around us, his family. His fiance says that there is a whole other side to him that we have not seen. I hope that we can see more of this "other side!" Anyways, I really like Ladena, his fiance, and I am really happy to have her as a sister and part of our family.
Ladena asked me to be in her wedding as a bridesmaid. I've never been a bridesmaid before, so I am really excited to get to dress up and be a part of their special day. This week has been spring break and since almost everyone in my family are teachers (my mom, sister, her husband, Ladena, and Roberto) we've had some free time to spend together. On Wednesday, Ladena, my sister Marisa, and I all went to Jacksonville, FL, to look for bridesmaid dresses (sadly we live in a small town that has nowhere to shop). I left all three boys with Roberto and I had such a ball with just girls! Thanks Roberto! It has been ages since I have done anything like this. My sister and I laughed and laughed (mostly at our bodies) as we were trying on dresses together. I felt like I was in high school again. Ladena then treated Marisa and I to lunch at the Olive Garden. It was so good! I was ready to see my boys by the end of the day, but it was so nice to just have a day to be "Lauren" and not "Mom."
Being a mother requires alot of personal sacrifice, and it is sooo easy to forget about yourself and your identity. I definitely recommend anyone reading to have a girls night out with friends/family whenever possible because it is so much fun!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment