Thursday, May 29, 2008

Roberto's Last Day of School!!!

Roberto's last day of work was on May 16th! He has been at home with us now for almost two weeks and it has been wonderful! I feel almost spoiled! He has kept himself busy studying for the MCAT every day, and I'm proud of him for doing so. I do not have that kind of focus and attention to stare at a book all day long with the kids screaming in the background and the sun shining outside.
These pictures were taken from a one of his co-workers houses. She invited all the teachers on the last day of school to her farmhouse in the country for a delicious dinner. This lady is Superwoman, for real! She had a feast with many different sides and desert choices, all homemade, plus we all ate on real plates and used cloth napkins! I'm talking like 50 people! What planet is this woman from, I thought to myself? The tables were covered with nice tablecloths and everything was decorated so beautifully. I wish I had a picture to show just how awesome it was. The woman is like in her 60's and she did all of this on her own with no help. I thought for sure it was catered when I walked in and saw it. Nope, she just happens to come from a family of 15 children, so cooking for alot of people is no big deal to her.
I thought of offering myself up for adoption, since she loves to cook and take care of others. Heehee! After stuffing ourselves, we played with the kids outside. These are just some pics from this fun day.
Andrew's fish face!

Andrew catching minnows in the pond.
I love country living!


Jacob blowing me kisses in the swing. What a flirt!





Jacob playing peek-a-boo, then crying because he's stuck, then happy because he's unstuck and ready to slide!



2 comments:

Christina Huling said...

Sounds like it was alot of fun! If she was 60 then you could never compare. That gives you 30 more years to become twice the Lauren you are now. Who knows what you'll be capable of then? :)

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

You guys really do live in the country Lauren! Thats great! The country has many redeeming qualities that the city just dosn't offer.