Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Yankees in the South!!!



These are some pictures of Daniel and Andrew playing t-ball. They are the Yankees and they have had about four games now and have three more to go. Daniel loves playing baseball and really gets into it, but Andrew is not as passionate about it. I think that Andrew may be my shy child. I think he gets a little scared at the sight of so many people because when it's his turn to hit the ball, he just stands there and will not swing the bat or do anything. He does like running the bases. Daniel is just the opposite. He is so busy talking to all the kids on the team that whenever a ball is hit, they fly right past him because he's more focused on socializing. He is definitely my son!

A funny story that I've got to share about Andrew happened this past Tuesday at their game. I was standing in the outfield talking with some other parents (I told you Daniel and I are alike) and not paying attention to the game. All of sudden, some of the parents start laughing and say, "Look at that little boy, he's peeing!" I turn around to see my offspring peeing on second base! Yes, Andrew was standing on second base, dropped his pants, and began to pee in the dirt for the whole world to see!!! I was so embarrassed, but it was also so funny! All the fathers were like, "I don't blame him, I'd do it too! When you gotta go, you gotta go!" So, I felt a little better.

See, you have to understand, we live in the South. This is how Southerners "potty-train" little boys. No joke! We have a large, private backyard, so I let the boys pee outside if they feel the need. Never did I think Andrew would take this to the ballpark!!! I'm going to have to rethink my potty training system for when Jacob comes along and set up some boundaries for the older two that have already been mislead by their mother! Roberto was horrified! He's not a Southerner, you know, so he just doesn't get this peeing outside business! I guess I'm a Redneck Mama! Woohoo!

2 comments:

kristi lou said...

that is hilarious!

Melanie said...

Lauren- That's great! You gotta love it when they do things like that in public! But, you're not the only Redneck Mama!Whenever I'm at my parents (who live in the boonies), I let my kids pee outside too! Why ruin all their fun by making them go inside!However, they day that I went to take the compost out (here, in our apartment, in the city, with neighbors around) and found Lukey upstairs without his pants and asked what happened and he said he went pee in the ivy downstairs, outside, I knew things had gone too far!I mean come on, the toilet at that point is so much closer!Thanks for the post...I'm not alone in raising 3 boys!