Daniel's last day of school was last Friday, May 23rd! He is officially ready for Kindergarten, but I am not! Pre-K was such a wonderful experience for Daniel. He has learned so much and grown up so much this year. I was a little hesitant about sending him at first, but it has been such a blessing for him and me. His teacher, Mrs. McDonald, was wonderful and there are not enough words to express how grateful I am that he was in her class.
She recently told me that in her 29 years of teaching 4 and 5 year olds, she has never seen a child enjoy being with other children the way Daniel does. She says that he just loves everyone and wants to be friends with everyone. That really warmed my heart! Although academics are important, how Daniel treats others is even more important to me. It's moments like this that makes me feel like maybe I'm doing something right after all!
Anyways, to celebrate the school year coming to an end, the school had a water day and all the parents and siblings were invited to attend. There was a bounce house, inflatable water slide, bubbles, slip in' slides, sprinklers, and pools set for the kids to play with. It was alot of fun, but the weather could have been better. It was windy and overcast, so the kids were all complaining of being cold.
Andrew did not care about the weather and had a ball, as you can see in the pictures! Daniel just kept clinging to me shivering saying he was cold. This was not like Daniel to not want to play, no matter the weather, so I knew something was wrong. Once we came home, he was running fever and was sick for the next five days. He is fine now, but it's a shame he was sick on such a fun day at school. Here are some cute pics that liked.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
I love summertime you got some great pics! I'm so glad you wrote this b/c it helps with the up coming event of letting connor go to Pre-K...I'm so nervous!
Love the gut!Sometimes it's nice to let it all hang out!
Post a Comment