I should have written this before the Mother's Day post, but who cares?
Well, Roberto had to make one of the hardest phone calls of his life last Wednesday when he called Saba medical school and informed them that he would not be able to attend. I was so sad for him, because I know he was so excited about starting school. There are no loan companies out there at this time willing to finance medical school in the Caribbean for a family of five. A year ago, it would have been a piece of cake to get the money, but not now.
Now that almost a week has passed since this happened, we are at peace with everything. We are tremendously blessed and we do not stand in need. We have realized that learning patience may just be our trial to face. We never planned on staying here in GA for as long as we have. The plan was to have Jacob and then get Roberto back in school. But our plans do not always work out, do they? Sometimes God has different plans for us than we do for ourselves. We are not sure what God has in store for us to be honest. Roberto is still not giving up on going to medical school. If you know Roberto, you know how determined (and stubborn) he can be. After seven years of marriage, I've finally learned to go with the flow and trust him. He is a good provider and I do not want to crush his dreams. I want to be a support to him.
So, now the plans are for him to study for the MCAT this summer and apply to US medical schools for next year. This is his last week of work teaching, and he'll have all of June and July off. It works out great! He'll continue teaching next school year and we'll keep saving little by little and raising our children. That's the plan. Only time can tell what God has in store, but we trust Him and have complete faith that everything will work out as it should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm so glad you will stay a family in the same location...I couldn't imagine you splitting up! Hang in there...you will be molded and blessed and sculpted and blessed more for your faithfulness! Love you guys! Study hard Roberto!
Your examples of faith and patience are amazing. Thank you! Good Luck!
I am sure the Lord will bless you tenfold for your faith and patience as you endure these trials. We too have had to make tough decisions regarding Steve's schooling, and even though it seemed that nothing was going right, it always turned out better down the road when we placed our trust in the Lord. We wish you all the best and good luck to Roberto!!
Post a Comment