Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day and more


Here is a not so great picture of me with my cute boys!
Since yesterday was Mother's Day, I thought I would write a little about my day. Daniel has been sick since Thursday, running high fevers with no other symptoms. Once I gave him Tylenol, he always returned back to his normal self, so I let the days go by without taking him to the doctor thinking it would clear up on its own. Well, Sunday was the third day he had been running fever, so I knew it was time to go to the doctor. Turns out he has a sinus infection and with just three doses of antibiotics in his system, he is good as new and ready to go back to school tomorrow!
Since I had to miss church to stay with Daniel, lunch was really the highlight of my day. My mom was kind enough to have everyone over for lunch and the food was delicious. I was soooo glad to not have to cook and have a kitchen to clean. I enjoyed a nice nap thanks to my husband and spent my evening hunting for roley-pollies (you know, the little bugs that roll up in a ball) with the boys. We found over thirty and then I lost count. They wanted their new "pets" to sleep in their room, but I did not agree to the sleepover. So, my day was nothing extraordinary, but it was filled with fun and love!
Also, Roberto and the boys bought me some new make-up and a Caboodles case to lock it inside. Jacob recently threw all of my make-up into the toilet (filled with pee) so I had to throw it out. That is a whole other post, Jacob's hobby of throwing things into the toilets! Anyways, I guess Roberto felt sorry for me and was tired of seeing me look pale and white! Whatever his reason, it was a very sweet thing to do.

No comments: