Friday, September 5, 2008

Yes, we are alive!

I'm back! Did anyone miss me? Where do I begin writing? I have been such a slacker; two entire months have passed without me writing a thing. I promise you I have a good reason for this laziness. I've been a little busy with other things.

The BIG NEWS is that we moved back to Utah! The SHOCKING NEWS is that after flying here to Utah for vacation, I nor the kids flew back to Georgia. Instead, Roberto flew back alone, packed up our things, and drove across the country in a record 2.5 days! Yes, we are crazy, but there is a good reason for us moving. To make a long story short, while we were here on vacation visiting family, Roberto called up one of his old BYU professors that he considers a good friend. This professor just happens to be the headmaster of a private school in Orem and they just happened to need a High School Chemistry/Physics/Spanish teacher (the exact subjects he was teaching in GA) ASAP! Roberto interviewed for the job and it was offered to him the same day.

All I can say is that God works in mysterious ways. When we lived here in Utah post-BYU, Roberto had such a hard time finding a decent job. He searched for months and nothing decent was offered to him. This was a big reason we moved to GA. Then we come on vacation and without even looking, a good job just lands in his lap! Go figure! I definitely believe that God had His hand in this. Despite this knowledge, choosing to stay here was not an easy decision to make. We prayed a lot, had some heated arguments, and worried how we would pull off another cross-country move. In the end, we both felt peace that staying in Utah was the right choice, even if we did not have all of the answers to our questions. It has been a month since Roberto arrived with our things, and I already feel settled and at home. We are now living in Orem, so please drop by and visit us if you live nearby!

It was really hard telling my family over the phone that I would not be returning to GA. They were in shock for a few weeks, but I think they have adjusted now to us being here. The great thing about the school Roberto is teaching at is that Daniel can go with him and attend FOR FREE! We feel so blessed that he is getting such a good foundation in his education. They started school this Tuesday, Sept 2nd, and both Daniel and Roberto are doing well. I'll write more about this later.

So, I'm back online and now you know why I've been away for a while. My mother has chastised me over the phone for not calling enough and not sending her any pictures, so I'll be updating this blog often to keep her a happy grandmother! I love you mama!

8 comments:

The Oman Family said...

Lauren-
What school is he teaching at? I grew up in Orem, my parents still live there actually. Congrats on the job.

Heather said...

I wondered if you had fallen off the face of the earth...I am so glad you are okay and doing well. Congratulations on the job and the move! Maybe we will get a chance to see you when we drop by Utah.

Debbie and Bobby said...

I was beginning to wonder if you had fallen off the Blogging bandwagon! Glad you hear from you and to hear good news! Congrats Roberto!

Real Life Roberts said...

Well CONGRATS! What an exciting life-changing experience! I'm so happy for you guys and most importantly I'm so happy that you guys feel good about the whole move! Maybe that mean I can see you the next time I come visit Utah... So glad to see you back on line...I missed you a ton!

kristi lou said...

HOLY SMOKES! That's awesome Lauren. I'm so excited for you!

I have really been missing Utah lately! Breath in some crisp fall air, and roll in some colored leaves for me-hey? (Those things are hard to come by here in Tucson. :) )

Hooray for you!

Emily Black said...

Wow! That IS a crazy story! So glad things are all working out well for you guys there. The Lord realy does work in mysterious ways sometimes...

Ruth P said...

I just barely checked your blog. I am so excited that you are in Utah now! Next time we make it up to UT, we will have to get together!

Rachel said...

Lauren, I am a little sad you moved to Orem right after I moved to D.C....but it's okay! I'll have to see you sometime. I love looking at your cute blog and your cute kids. You are great!

xoxox
Rachel Murdock