Thursday, June 26, 2008

Countdown to Utah

We are leaving in four days for our summer trip to Utah! We will leave on July 1st and return on July 20th. It's a long vacation and we are so lucky that Roberto has his summer off from work. This summer makes two years that we have lived in Georgia and we have not visited Roberto's family in UT since we moved. While we have been gone, two nieces and a nephew were born that we have never met. Roberto's family has also never met our little Jacob. We are really excited to see everyone and see our "old home." Utah will always hold a special place in our hearts since it's where Roberto and I met, attended college, married, and had our first two children. We miss living there sometimes, so it will be really nice to visit all of our favorite restaurants and fun places! There are so many places I want to take the boys to see. When we lived in UT, it always seemed difficult to get out a do a lot of fun stuff because the kids were a lot younger and money was a lot tighter!

8 comments:

Debbie and Bobby said...

How fun! We talk about how we miss Utah and wouldn't mind living there if the opportunity arised. We were just talking about how it would be fun to take a trip out there to show the kids and Liam especially where we used to live. Not this year though...long drives are not fun with nursing infants! have fun!

Scott Asay said...

We are SO SO SO exited to meet Jacob and see Danny and Andrew!!! I can't wait to see all of you and spend time with you guys.

Dan and Melissa said...

Hey there my friend! What a beautiful family. Three boys...awesome! You are such a beautiful mom. You all look so good. Give us a call when you have a chance. We would love to have you guys over. Melissa

Melanie said...

After reading the last few posts, I decided that you're a much better mom than me! I can tolerate a lot of things...big ole bugs in the house is not one of them!

And to share with you my little boy stories: Lukey is doing this strange thing now- whenever he gets mad at me, he strips down to his birthday suit! Little boys are so funny!

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

kiss my apartment for me! I am so happy you get this trip!

Real Life Roberts said...

I fly in on the 19th to SLC around 3:30...is there anyway to see you?

kristi lou said...

we just got back from a summer utah trip! oh! it's so great! you'll have a blast! so fun to see familiar old faces and places.

Dan and Melissa said...

We had so much fun with you guys the other day...sorry it wasn't as exciting as I would have liked. Plus...I just ditched you at IKEA with three kids (I still feel bad about that). I loved seeing you again and can tell that you are so happy. I'm so glad you guys are closer and we can hang-out more. Keep in touch good friend.