Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween...a little late

Okay, so here are some random Halloween pics from our fun and busy Halloween. I never think to take a cute group picture before the kids get dirty. It doesn't matter what the holiday is, when I finally remember to grab the camera, their clothes and faces are usually dirty. Oh well, at least I remembered to take pictures, that counts for something!
Daniel and Andrew decided to be Ninjas for Halloween. Around the time I bought their costumes, they had watched Kung-Fu Panda and were all into the Ninja thing. Then as time went on, everyday they wanted to be something different. The costumes were already opened, so I said "too bad, so sad." They got over their disappointment and decided being ninjas was still pretty cool!
Andrew had a pre-school Halloween party that morning and wore his costume to school. As usual, I forgot my camera for this. Then, in the afternoon, we had a Halloween party in Daniel's Kindergarten class. The kids decorated cookies, read Halloween stories, played bingo, and listened to a ghost story. After this, the entire lower school (K-6) had a Halloween festival set up for the kids to enjoy. There were games and lots of yummy junk food! The kids had fun!
We came home and I was already exhausted, but the festivities continued. We ate dinner and then headed outside to go trick or treating. Daniel had been sick this day running a fever, so I thought about cancelling the trick or treating, but after some medicine his fever went down and he was ready to party some more. We live in a great neighborhood, so we just walked outside our door and trick or treated around our ward's boundaries. Since we are still new to the area, it was a great way for me to find out where everyone lives!
Wow, I tired just remembering this day. Halloween is alot of fun, but it's good it only comes around once a year or my children would have rotten teeth and I would be one crazy mama!
Impressive kick, eh?


I'm not sure who enjoyed the cotton candy more?


Jacob enjoying some orange frosting





Daniel proudly displaying his ninja chest muscles!




This was supposed to look like a cat, but he had plans of his own.

Andrew displaying his masterpiece
Daniel's K teacher, Mrs. Neiger, telling a ghost story
Double CHEESE!!
Single CHEESE!
TRIPLE CHEESE!!!
The End.

2 comments:

Leah said...

oh lauren...they are so darn cute! i miss ya'll tons! :)

Rachel said...

Lauren...your family is just too cute and I adore you!!